Bogdan Petrovan / Android Authority
- The British retailer Carphone Warehouse has published two overview pages with details about the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
- The leak confirms several details that have been rumored over the past few weeks.
Google has done a bad job in the past of keeping pixel details under wraps, and this year has been no exception.
The latest leak – if we can call it that – comes courtesy of Carphone Warehouse, the major UK electronics retailer. The retailer has published two overview pages (1, 2) (via Evan Blass) that describe the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro in detail and confirm some information from previous rumors and assumptions. The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro won’t officially hit the market until October 19th.
What do the Pixel 6 series entries tell us?
We’ve seen quite a few leaks and rumors about Google’s latest phones already, and the Carphone Warehouse pages reflect some of them while adding new details. Here are some tidbits of information we can get from the sites:
- The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro will be equipped with the Google Tensor processor and the next generation Titan M2 security chip.
- Google claims that the Tensor offers up to 80% more performance compared to the Pixel 5.
- The standard pixel can last up to 48 hours via the Extreme Battery Saver mode.
- “All day” battery life with Adaptive Battery for the standard model.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for both variants.
- IP68 water protection for both models.
- The Pixel 6 has a 6.4-inch smooth display with adjustable refresh rate and high brightness mode.
- The Pro model has a 6.7-inch 120 Hz LTPO screen that can drop down to 10 Hz.
- Offline translations in 55 languages.
- 30W fast wired charging.
- New Pixel Stand that is twice as powerful as the first generation model. Supports up to 23W on Pro and up to 21W on standard phones.
- Five years of security updates in the US.
Lots of new camera functions
The Carphone Warehouse pages also describe a variety of camera specifications and functions. Some of these tidbits were already known, others are either new or only hinted at before. Here’s what we learned about the listings about the Pixel 6 series cameras:
- The Pixel 6 Pro will have a 50 MP wide angle lens, a 48 MP telephoto lens, and a 12 MP ultra wide angle lens on the rear.
- Google’s standard model will offer a 50-megapixel wide-angle lens and an ultra-wide-angle camera (the alleged 12-megapixel resolution is not mentioned).
- The new main sensor captures 150% more light compared to the main camera on the back of the Pixel 5.
- Pixel 6 Pro offers 4X Optical Zoom and 20X Super Res Zoom.
- Magic Eraser, a previously rumored feature, will allow users to automatically remove certain elements from pictures (e.g. objects, photo bombers).
- Face Unblur will “defuse a face to make it sharper”.
- In motion mode you can capture “crazy skateboard tricks and wild beach waves in full motion”.
- Ultra-wide 94-degree field of view for the Pixel 6 Pro selfie camera. It’s unclear if this will be available on the Pixel 6 as well.
Screenshots from the pages
Most of these details have already been rumored, but the difference is that this is an official source that we have no doubt about. At the time of this writing, the two sites are still online.