Kaitlyn Cimino / Android Authority
- A new leak suggests that the Apple Watch Series 7 will be bigger than ever with higher resolution displays.
- The enlarged screen area is used by several new watch faces.
- We don’t know when Apple will launch the new smartwatch, but it should be in September.
It’s pretty easy to argue well why Android smartphones are better than iPhones. However, when it comes to smartwatches, that discussion gets a lot more difficult. Apple is basically the king of the smartwatch market, and it looks like the next model will have some big changes.
According to Bloomberg, Apple could plan to increase the overall display size of the Apple Watch Series 7 by a significant amount. This would be the first time since 2018 that Apple has increased the size with the Apple Watch Series 4.
See also: The best Apple Watch chargers you can buy
Bloomberg believes the Series 7 models could be marketed as 41mm and 45mm devices, as opposed to the 40 and 44mm models we see today. That might not sound like a lot, but this larger case size could allow for a much larger display – up to 16% larger, according to Bloomberg estimates. It appears that the 45mm model could come with a 1.9-inch display, a considerable increase over the 1.78-inch screens on the Series 6 devices.
That could also mean an increase in resolution for the Apple Watch Series 7. It’s possible that we’ll see a resolution of 396 x 484 on the largest Series 7, a decent jump over 368 x 448 on the larger Series 6 model.
Apple Watch Series 7: more screen, more watch faces
Apple wouldn’t enlarge the display of the Apple Watch if it didn’t have a good reason. According to Bloomberg, that reason could be to give you more information through a series of new watch faces.
s speaking to the publication claimed Apple had at least five new faces along the way:
- Modular max: This could show a large digital watch face along with a little complication, similar to the current Infograph Modular watch face. However, it could also show major complications stretching the length of the stacked displays, giving you a lot more information at once.
- Continuum: This watch face supposedly changes throughout the day to provide you with relevant information at the relevant time.
- Atlas: Somehow this watch shows all 24 world time zones at the same time. That seems like a lot of information at once, but there are existing Apple Watch faces that can do this.
- Faces for brand watches: There could be Nike and Hermes branded versions of the Apple Watch Series 7. These watches would also have unique faces that you can’t get anywhere else.
We have no idea when Apple will launch its next watch. However, we are relatively certain that it will hit the market along with the iPhone 13 series, which is likely to be released this month. Stay tuned as Apple is sure to be handing out an invitation to this event in the coming days.